Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Normal Topic very happy but should have ordered the DJ sleeve (Read 5064 times)
bcrawf

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

very happy but should have ordered the DJ sleeve
Feb 11th, 2004 at 7:02pm
Print Post  
I received my DiscSox classic sleeves and drawer divider last week.  As I was home w/ a cold anyway, I spent several days putting a lot of my cd's in their wonderful new sleeves.   I love this product! 

However, I now realize I should have ordered the DJ sleeves. 

Initially I didn't look at the DJ sleeves as I'm not a DJ and don't have 1000's of cd's.  BUT, what I now wish I had done from the beginning is order the DJ version.  The DJ set allows for the tray card to be inserted w/o trimming it.    

I trimmed 100+ cd tray cards (w/ album & song info, but larger than the sleeve) to fit into the back of the sleeve.  I was getting frustrated, as it seemed a waste of time.  I also was inadvertantly cutting off many of the UPC codes. 

After coming back to the site and seeing the new Readerware program and downloading the trial version (which I absolutely love) - I realized that clipping the UPC codes had been a big mistake too.   I can still get all the info from the net by using other means, but again it means keyboard entry and wasting time. 

Then I started looking at your other products and see that you have just the product I should have ordered - the DJ sleeve. 

I love your product!  It's already tamed my cd collection, but from now on, I'll be ordering the DJ sleeves so that I can dispense w/ the trimming, keep the UPC code intact and scan it into the Readerware program!  Life is good!    Smiley

Keep up the good work on a great product. 

BC

IP Logged

bcrawf

I love YaBB 1G - SP1!

Re: very happy but should have ordered the DJ slee
Reply #1 - Feb 15th, 2004 at 5:58pm
Print Post  
Just a follow up comment. 

I'm not sure how I want to proceed.  I like the idea of the DJ sleeve for ease of use w/ the tray card, but now I don't really want to intersperse the 200+ classic sleeves I'm already using with different size sleeves.  It will make it hard to flip through the row.   I prefer the size of the classic sleeve and won't probably use the DJ insert tab anyway. 

Hmmm, what to do! 

I'm leaning towards staying with the smaller classic sleeve and just deal with the hassle of trimming or reducing the tray card of purchased cd's.  I've already done the bulk of the work.  Dealing with a few at a time in the future won't be that big of a deal.  I also make most of my own cd's and need to make my own labels & cards anyway. 

Just thinking this over and writing it so others are aware of the minor details. 

How do other people handle this?

BC

IP Logged

Mark Phillips

DiscSox Media Storage

Re: very happy but should have ordered the DJ sleeve
Reply #2 - Jun 27th, 2017 at 11:56am
Print Post  
Trimming the inlay is a bit like drawing a moustache on the Mona Lisa in Sharpie.

Once you have trimmed it, you have thrown away most of the value the CD might have on the second hand market.

Some CDs from only a few years ago are climbing steadily in price, and this sort of wanton vandalism means that you'll never be able to sell them. No used CD dealer will touch them.

The CD Pro sleeves mean that, should you decide to sell any of your discs, you can pop them the bits back into a case and it's good as new.

Well that's my 5 cents worth anyway.  Smiley

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint